Discussion Category:  Hematology Analyzers

On start up Diluent empty

Instrument just shipped starting up displaying diluent empty

Asked by

Assammuso
Report this Post
Chris Mash

I would suggest that you first make sure the detergent and diluent lines are in the proper reagents. Prime reagents, if issues are still present call service. You might have an issue with diluent sensor pcb. Thanks again for using LabWrench.

Report this Post
dziva

have the same problem. how do i bypass this error

Report this Post
Bob L.

make sure there is a check valve in the diluent line,otherwise it won't fill properly.

Report this Post
Chris Mash

Make sure normally closed tubing is flossed in completely (Black pinch valve upper left from sample probe), also verify the diluent syringe (Large syringe) is connected and that the thumb screw at the bottom has not come loose. The most common cause of this error is the reagent board, which of coarse usually means calling service. Let us know if any of these help. Thanks again for using LabWrench.

Report this Post
dziva

The diluent is moving nicely. How do i bypass this error while i order the reagents sensor board. i have by passed the lyse and cleaner on the reagents sensor board.

Report this Post
Chris Mash

I double checked the 1800 manual just to verify the routing of reagents to sensors, the Diluent sensor connections are in line above and below the reservoir itself at the back left corner of the instrument. From there, it appears to feed directly to the cable distribution board. The cable distribution boards almost never have issues, so I think we can look past that.  Again, I do not suggest bypassing sensors do to the chance of leading to the possibility of faulty results. My suggestion is to verify the suppy lines all have check valves, the correct reagent is feeding into the correct fill port, and to back flush your reagents. Also, examine the the lines at the sensors for a bubble meniscus that may be giving you the reagent empty issue. Unfortunately, past that, contact your CellDyne Service group. I hope this helps, thanks again for using LabWrench.

Report this Post
dziva

there is no CellDyne service group in my country neither do I have a technical manual. I suspect the green cable below the resevour to be the diluent sensor cable. from the sensor it goes to the Reagents sensor board then the three camble(lyse, cleaner and diluent go to some board). Initially it was the cleaner empty - i bypassed the sonsor, then lyse empty i bypassed it again, now its the diluent empty. How do i check the correct functioning of valves and back flash reagents. there are no bubbles on the sensors- tubes are completly filled.

Report this Post
Chris Mash

I would like to offer more assistance, email me so we can find a resolution faster.

Report this Post
dziva

whats you e mail

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1