Discussion Category:  Cell Counters

Z1 pump error

My Beckman Coulter Z1 particle counter gives a 'resetting metering system' on startup, then gives a 'metering pump failure' message. I tried flushing the two tubes that are attached at the back. This didn't work. I can't get to the 'functions' menu to do a hot purge w/ dilute hot bleach to see if this will work. Suggestions?

Asked by

JG
Report this Post
49erwill

The problem is inside of the metering pump itself. There is a rubber diaphragm that needs to be replaced. It's pretty easy and you can get them from beckman.

Report this Post
davidkainReply by
davidkain

49erwill, I am the tech who has looked at this unit for JB who made the original post. After a back order we were able to get the diaphram from Beckman. Any chance I could make contact with you regarding this repair. Beckman tech support was very helpfull and concured with your suggestion.

Thanks

Report this Post
49erwill

Email me at 49erwill@gmail.com to discuss more details. Thx

Report this Post
Rebecca Matthews

hello! I am a student that has recently been given a troubleshootinh project on this problem. when you call technical support and order the rubber diaphram do they come and replace it or do you have to? if you have to replace it yourself how is that done?

thanks!

Report this Post
mc54

Hi,

I get the same problem. the technical service told me to clean the "waste pipe " with warm water . It works again.

Report this Post
Bwenger

Trying placing some vacuum oil into the pump. I did this many years ago, and the error went away,

Report this Post
sheiikhs110

I have beckman coulter z1 . The problem is whenever i switch on the system it says restart after 10 seconds. Can anyone know this problem.

Report this Post
byepez6802

Hi ! This happens when the pump is not well primed. Fill a syringe with the diluent and connect it to the diluent tubing. Start the machine and during the initial check, push diluent through the pump slowly. Cheers,

Report this Post
EmilyOM
Hi, pretty sure the rubber diaphram is my Z2's problem too. Can anyone give me a hint about how to replace it?
Report this Post

Page 1 of 1