Discussion Category:  Chemistry Analyzers

Low Fill Pressure Warning

I am getting a low fill pressure warning each time I sample. The dissolved volumes of c02 seem correct but the error worries me. I am sampling beer from a large vessel, not from finished package using the PFD device.

What causes this and is it skewing my c02 reading?  Also to note, I appear to have a newer CarboQC, not the "classic" that i am seeing in most images.

Thanks!

RW

Asked by

rjw
Report this Post
TMascal

RW:

If they have the at-line Carbo QC (which it sounds like they do) they need to deactivate the filling check. The filling check compares the package pressure to the filling pressure. In the lab version if the package pressure is higher this can be a problem but it's not for the at line version. To deactivate:

1. Press <Menu> and select "Measurement Settings > FillingCheck".

2. Press <Edit>.

3. Select <Off> and press <OK> and <Save>.

Their readings should be fine as long as they are rinsing to pull in sample and closing the ball valve before starting the measurement. 

Should you have any further issues, please do not hesitate to contact Anton Paar's service team in the USA at service.us@anton-paar.com

Report this Post
WayneBailey

Check your atmospheric pressure (just press rinse) and view the pressure reading vs a calibrated pressure gauge open to air such as a Druck. Note the values of each.

Next connect the pressure gauge to the outlet of the CarboQC (ensure the chamber is empty of liquid) and connect the inlet to a nitrogen supply of between 3-4bar. Turn on the N2 supply, press rinse on the CarboQC and compare the results obtained for pressure on each.

To adjust the atmospheric pressure differences use the offset in the menu, to adjust for the pressure difference at 3-4bar use the gain in the menu.

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1