Discussion Category:  Water Purification

Software Error From SD Card

Hello! Our Advantage A10 unit stopped working a few weeks ago because of a software issue. When we plug in the unit, it does not complete loading and says "Please Wait". We waited for minutes, hours and days and realized there is a much bigger problem here.

We have contacted Millipore and they are charging an outrageous amount to fix software issue. So I took apart the unit and there is an SD card, which was one of the replacement parts Millipore had quoted us for. I believe some of the files on the card may be corrupted. Does anyone have the files on the SD card that they could send to me please?

Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you!

Asked by

dcheung
Report this Post
hmac24

Did you happen to resolve this issue yourself?  We have the exact same problem.

Report this Post
dcheung

In short, we were unable to resolve the issue and purchased a unit from a competitor. 

Millipore worked with us over e-mail to troubleshoot the problem and it did not seem like it was the SD card that was the problem. It was most likely the circuit board which was very expensive to fix. It was expensive to the point where it was better to buy a new unit.

We decided to purchase an 18.2 MOhm lab water system from another company that provided us with the service manuals free of charge. The units were more affordable, had better design and much lower filter costs.

If you would like more information, please e-mail me.

dcheung (at)brynmawr.edu

Report this Post
Susan27

Hello,  I know this thread was started 6 months ago, but I too am having the same issue.  We have had this issure before, within warrenty so it was pretty much covered.  3 years later, and this time it will cost us ~3K to get it fixed.  Any suggestions on a more reliable unit would be much appreciated.Thanks,Susan

Report this Post
ELGA LabWaterReply by
ELGA LabWater

Dear Susan

Please contact elga.usa@veolia.com or tel: 630-343-5251 and ask for Sandra, she will be able to  assist youin helping you find an alternative system.

Thank  you

ELGA  
Report this Post
hmac24

Susan,

You can try replacing the SD card which is very easy to do. Millipore can email you the files and I think you just need a 2 GB card. Our issue ended up being a power board problem. The Tech told us that "it just happens and they don't last forever". If you have the funding, look into a new system. Others in our Department have used Barnstead & Elga systems

Report this Post
EU

I know this post is 2 years old but does anyone know how I can obtain software files for Milli-Q reference?

Our Milli-q reference has the same " please wait "issue and we want to try the D card replacement first.

E

Report this Post
hmac24

We contacted Millipore and they sent us the files & instructions, you just need a 2Gb SD card.  It was easy to do myself but ultimately, we had to have a tech come to replace one of the power boards (I can't remember which board).  You can also try this:  turn the system off, wait 10-15 minutes and turn it back on.  Good Luck!

Report this Post
jwasko

I'm having the same problem with a Millipore Advantage A10. They want a lot of money (including $45 shipping to the continental USA) for them to send me a new SD card. I specifically asked if they could email me the files and they said they never heard of such a thing.

Any chance you could share those files, just so I can see if this even works? I pulled my current SD card and it is as blank as blank can be.

Report this Post
ah123

Similar problem here... Millipore Advantage A10, and it fails its integrity check. Millipore is quoting us an outrageous amount (several thousand $) to repair.

It looks like our problem might be the SD card, too... Is there any kind soul out there that wants to share the files that go onto the SD ?

I would be so grateful!

Report this Post
MilliporeSigma Support

There are many causes for the Please Wait alarm.  For systems with a Pod, check the PS 2 connections on both ends, they need to be pushed in all of the way, then reboot.

Power supply board or SD card are possible causes. 

Please call us at (888) 645-5478 to discuss your options.  Our telephone support is free, and we are available 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., weekdays.  We will work with you to find a solution.   

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1