Discussion Category:  Lab Baths

waterbath for corrosive environment

I need a 10-20L heated waterbath for mercury digestion. We use potassium permanganate and it eats up the waterbath in about 6 months. We used to replace the stainless steel pan when it corroded but I can't get waterbaths with replaceable pans. Everything is very cheaply made. Are there any waterbaths made with plastics that would work for this digestion procedure?

Asked by

icpms1
Report this Post
LabArmor
A mercury digestion by potassium permanganate can be performed in a Lab Armor Bead Bath instead of a traditional water bath, presumably without compromising the bath's pan repeatedly. Unlike water, Beads will contain spills and prevent chemicals from spreading throughout the bath. Should a potassium permanganate solution spill into the Beads, effected Beads can be scooped out, washed, and returned to the bath. If the the spill damages some Beads, the damaged Beads can be removed and recycled. Also, since the [url=http://www.labarmor.com/beadbath.html]Lab Armor Bead Bath[/url] is constructed with an aluminum pan, it is not prone to corrosion by rust. I hope this helps. Thanks,
Report this Post
Elkton
Hello! We currently have the follwing bath available. The unique thing about this bath is that is has a Teflon coating on the inside, which may help it to withstand your processes. We are offering a 25% discount on any baths sold during the month of June. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you would like a photo. (B-1704) Used...VWR #1260 Digital Readout Water Bath, 26 Liter Capacity with Teflon coating on the interior of the bath. Temperature Range is 5c +Ambient to 50c, 115 volt. Interior Dimensions: 4.25"h x 11.5"w x 19.5"f/b. (www.pleinc.com) Thanks! Yvette P.L.E. INCORPORATED 2307 Blue Ball Road Elkton MD 21921 Tel. 410-996-8880 Fax 410-996-8882 www.pleinc.com
Report this Post
Equiprx
This might be suitable. GRANT INSTRUMENTS ACRYLIC TANK BATH $375 10 liter, INTERIOR 3" D X 9.5" W X 16" L, Stainless Steel COVER Type BB2(L),Ambient to 100°C Automatic Level control and Thermometer
Report this Post

Page 1 of 1