Discussion Category:  Water Purification

Change RO membrane on RIOS 100

Does anyone know the steps necessary for changing the RO membrane on a RIOS 100, in particular, how to safely open up the system to access the membrane.  Thanks!

Asked by

Ronson
Report this Post
Paul Moyer

Basically shut down the unit and turn off the water, I would replace them one at a time. Depending on the age of the system, Millipore changed the fittings, I have replaced these before and the new membranes should come with the fitting upgrade if needed. Once all 3 or 4 membranes are replaced they will need to be flushed for at least one cycle when starting up, if a pressure alarm comes up thats because the new membranes have not filled with water. After the initial startup removed the product line filling the tank and run it into a drain / sink for about an hour or two. Millipore may have already preflushed them for you and I would ask them if they will be preflushed before shipping, this will save time and the resistivity will be in a more normal range upon installation, however if they are not preflushed run the water into the drain as stated. Also, I hope you have easy access to the unit because changing these filters can be quite difficult when trying to reach inside to the bottom fittings.

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1