Discussion Category:  Atomic Absorption

AA400 blowing out air

I've just started up the AA400, gone to turn the flame on and it won't light as its blowing air out, rather than taking it up through the sample tube. The only thing I have done is change the nebuliser bead, have I done something whilst re-assembling?

Asked by

CHEM034
Report this Post
Dim

Hi Chem034,

air and acetylene are coming in the burner from the two side tubes. Only the sample is coming in from the neb. tube. You could check again that there is sufficient gas mixture (check cylinders, gas pressure or check for leaks) coming in your system.

Hope it helps.

Good luck

Report this Post
CHEM034

Thank you for your resonse. I don't think I was overly clear. Where the nebuliser usually takes in sample, it is blowing out rather than takin up. Where adjusting the nebuliser should rectify the issue, its not having any effect at all. I think the nebuliser may be damaged and need replacing! But was hoping there might be another possibility as this will mean down time.

Report this Post
LindaCroft

The nebulizer flow needs to be adjusted. Check out the manual for detailed explanation. Basically you need to turn the red screw know on the front of the neb clockwise to achieve the highest abs.

Report this Post
CHEM034

I have already attempted to adjust the nebuliser, it is having no effect

Report this Post
Dim

If gas is escaping from the neb. tube my guess would be that the nebulizer is not correctly inserted or an o'ring needs to be replaced. Have you checked which gas is coming out?

Report this Post
CHEM034

Both gases are coming out of the nebuliser, O'rings appear to be alright, but I will try changing them now.

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1